This information deals with the protection of your personal data. These are the data with which you can be identified, directly or indirectly: your first name, last name, email address and IP address...
We collect personal data when:
- you are browsing the pages on the website www.bedrijven-mensenrechten.be.
- When a link takes you to another website, portal, online application or a social network, the terms and conditions for the processing of personal data of those services will be applicable.
- you contact us.
You are protected on the basis of:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (which entered into force on 25 May 2018) on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR)
- the General Data Protection Regulation which entered into force on 25 May 2018.
Table of contents
- Legal basis and purposes of processing
- Processed Data
- Retention period
- Right of access, correction, objection and deletion
1. Legal basis and purposes of processing
In July 2017, the Belgian Government approved a National Action Plan on “Business and Human Rights” to implement the aforementioned principles.
By approving this plan, the Belgian authorities wish:
- to encourage Belgian companies to respect and promote human rights, internally as well as within their sphere of influence;
- to fulfil their responsibility fully by promoting and defending human rights and to align their legal and political framework accordingly.
This National Action Plan contains 32 actions/measures. One of these measures is the development of a toolbox on human rights for companies and organisations. The Federal Institute for Sustainable Development wants to use this toolkit to help organisations and companies respect and promote human rights within their specific organisational context.
The Federal Institute for Sustainable Development collects and processes personal information to:
- inform you
- answer your questions
- to handle matters relating to you
The Federal Institute for Sustainable Development collects and processes this information anonymously:
- for statistical and quality purposes to improve our services
- to respond in your language
If your request for information or services is intended for another department, we will give you the details of that department. You are welcome to contact them.
2. Processed Data
The table below lists the situations in which personal data will be automatically collected and processed.
Data collected and processed
You consult one or more page/s
· IP address
You contact us via an electronic form or email
· Surname, first name, organisation, email address and possibly your telephone number that you specify.
· Exchange of emails via the contact form and messaging.
· Meta data which may or may not be connected to your email.
The other personal data that may be processed are entered in the data processing register.
Non-personal data are also automatically collected without a link to your IP address and therefore safeguards your anonymity. They are used to provide statistics and to improve the content of the portal:
- language selection
- search engine used
- keywords used
- website through which you came
- consulted pages
- consultation duration per page
- list of downloaded files
- date and time of access
- browser used
- platform and operating system installed on your computer
The website uses the following cookies:
- Sign-in cookies: When you log on to our website, a cookie will keep track. This cookie is essential for navigating and using the website.
- Language cookies: this cookie enables the website to remember your language choice for the duration of your browsing session.
- Cookies for data analysis: these cookies trace (the origin of) your visit. We use them to establish statistics with enable us to optimise the website and facilitate navigation. The data are analysed anonymously. The information collected will not be communicated to third parties and is not used for other purposes.
4. Retention period
The retention period:
- of your IP Address is 12 months
- of cookies is 13 months
- of exchanges via the contact form and email is 12 months
In exceptional cases, such as a legal procedure, your personal information may be kept longer.
The Federal Institute for Sustainable Development guarantees the safety (integrity and confidentiality) of your personal information. They are protected against unauthorised access, unauthorised use, loss and unauthorised modifications.
We use security technologies and procedures which are not described here in detail for safety reasons.
Appropriate measures are taken on a physical, technical and organisational level to ensure a safety level that is adapted to the risks.
6. Right of access, correction, objection and deletion
You have certain rights over the personal data that we use: the right of access, correction, objection and deletion of information. We handle your request within 30 calendar days. If your request is complex or if our departments have to cope with many requests, this period is extended by 60 days. To exercise your rights, send an email or letter to our Data Protection Officer, along with a scan or copy of your identity document, with your signature:
Federal Institute for Sustainable Development
For the attention of the Data Policy Officer
Rue Ducale 4
If you feel that the Federal Institute for Sustainable Development has not processed your personal data in accordance with the regulations in force, you may submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
Rue de la Presse 35
For information about our data protection policy, kindly contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can delete your account on our website at any time by sending an email to email@example.com